The objective here is to get a lot deeper into Pixelmator, see what it can do to manipulate multiple layers and objects, and create something beautiful.
Like this…or maybe better. Click below to see all the instructions.
Before you really get into the project…
1) Take, or find somewhere, a picture of yourself.
2) Think about the words you want floating behind/in front of your portrait. I might suggest a poem, a repeated lyric from a song, maybe a section from a novel you really like. I used a quote from Einstein about imagination.
3) Make the portrait really simple, and try to use a simple background. You probably don’t need to worry about masking the background at this point, but you may need to work on that later.
4) There are 10 steps to the tutorial, and when you’re finished, you will have learned quite a bit about layering, filtering, and some very subtle effects.
5) When the whole thing is finished, post to VoiceThread.