The website http://wordle.net is the place to go if you want to make beautiful word clouds. Use them to illustrate reports or stories or presentations you need to make.
Here’s how to use it:
- Make sure you have an updated version of Java on your computer. Wordle requires Java to do its magic.
- Find some text. The more the better. It’s best to start with at least 15 or 20 words to make a nice cloud. You could start with several thousand, say a chapter from a book, or the US Constitution. Select it and copy it into your computer’s memory.
- Go to http://wordle.net You might want to look at some examples and the Gallery to see some possibilities, but, pretty soon, you will want to head to the Create section.
- Paste the words you have already copied into the text box.
- Click on the “Go” button, then wait a few seconds while Wordle does its magic.
- Change the fonts and colors and alignment around until you get something you like.
- Ready to use it? Click the “Print” button, then choose “PDF” and “Save as PDF.” Save it with a name you can use. You should have something like what you see below.
- You need to go to “Insert” and “Choose” to bring it into Pages.
Click Here if you would like a printout of these instructions.